As we get closer to our 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony on June 6th at 8 am in the E. L. Wright Gymnasium, we remind you to keep these details in mind:
Students are given two tickets for guests to attend the ceremony due to Fire Marshall code.
If you do not have a ticket you will not be allowed in. Even small children will need a ticket. ( The Fire Marshall counts the number of people not the number of seats.)
All fees must be paid in order for students to participate in the ceremony.
Students must be on track to be promoted in order to participate in the ceremony.
Extra parking will be available on the Blacktop of the Football Field and at Windsor United Methodist Church
Please do not park at the businesses across the street from the school.
Your car will be towed.
Streaming for the Event:
The ceremony for the first time will be live streamed on our Facebook Page
On May 19th, our 7-8th Grade Orchestras combined to perform at the Carowinds Festival of Music. The students performed before a panel of three nationally recognized judges and received a rating of Superior, which is the highest rating. This is the seventh year in a row that our Orchestra has received a Superior rating. Congratulations to our Warrior Orchestra and Mrs. Gibbs!
2018-2019 Returning Annual Registration is now available online. To complete Returning Annual Registration follow the steps below:
- Log into your Parent Portal account, www.parents.richland2.org
- Scroll down to the bottom LEFT hand side and look for the
Click on it
- The process is not completed until you have SUBMITTED the Annual Registration.
Step 2: Proof of Residence
ALL POR’S (Proof of Residence) MUST BE WITHIN 30 DAYS
- If your address has not changed, turn in one proof of residency.
- If your address has changed, PLEASE turn in three proofs of residency.
- Family’s Living with Families you have to complete the whole process every year, Affidavits and 6 proofs of residency.
Annual Registration must be completed in order for your child to be placed on a classroom roster.
We will be collecting and inspecting student Chromebooks this week. Any student who has damage and has not paid their Computer Device Protection Management Plan Fee can be charged anywhere from $75 (missing keys, cracks in plastic, rubber off monitor, minor hinge damage, etc.), $150 (holes in plastic, broken plastic where hinge is separated from base, multiple instances of damage, or cracked screens) or $310 (missing devices).
Students will turn in their devices on Thursday, May 24th and Friday, May 25th where at that time any damage will be assessed a fee. Students are asked to take and store their carrying bags home at this time for next year. Students will need their bag next year in order to receive a device. Missing bags cost $35.
Our Orchestra students recently had an outstanding performance at the SCMEA Midlands Solo & Ensemble Festival. Students from around the Midlands region came to perform a solo on their own or in a small ensemble of eight students or less. Their performances were scored based on state and national standards for instrumental music performance. The scoring system from lowest to highest is Poor, Fair, Good, Excellent and Superior. E.L. Wright had the largest participating group in the region, and came away with 29 Excellent and 68 Superior ratings! Congratulations to all of our students, and to their teacher, Mrs. Gibbs.
The following Warriors earned a rating of Excellent:
- Anastasia Bare, Base Solo
- Owen Catron, Cello Solo
- Soshi Rodas, Violin Solo
- Avery Spratt, Violin Solo
- Serenity Ward, Violin Solo
- Devyn Williams, Violin Solo
- Emma Wooten, Violin Solo
- Emeline Addy & Ryan Ward, Duet
- Anastasia Bare & Emily Sloan, Duet
- Saleth Garcia Recinos & Johanna Martinez-Ramirez, Duet
- Carter Knapper & Jake Moses, Carter Knapper, Duet
- Kimberly Rodas & Soshi Rodas, Duet
- Aiden Sheftman & Bobby Swick, Duet
- Harmonie Frederick, Abbey Lee, Sophia Myrick, Trio & Trio 2
- Leliah Hill, Rebekah Lashley, Taylor Sessions, Trio
The following Warriors earned a rating of Superior:
- Addison Canada, Viola Solo
- Jayla Douglas, Viola Solo
- Zachary Fowler, Viola Solo
- Madison Futch, Viola Solo
- Khushi Jain, Viola Solo
- Alex Kivett, Bass Solo
- Jamilah Konte, Viola Solo
- Elizabeth Martinez-Pacheco, Viola Solo
- Kimberly Perez-Solano, Viola Solo
- Daija Randall, Viola Solo
- Pedro Robertson, Bass Solo
- Kimberly Rodas, Cello Solo
- Bobby Swick, Bass Solo
- Joey Swick, Viola Solo
- Evelyn Tovar-Conteras, Viola Solo
- Bhavani Tuppale, Viola Solo
- Evan Beckwith & Siah Mack, Duet
- Morgan Britton & Alex Kivett, Duet
- Jayla Douglas & Jamilah Konte, Duet
- Mason Eastman & Rachel Jochin, Duet
- Zachary Fowlery & Evan Rienecker, Duet
- Zachary Fowler & Joey Swick, Duet
- Anna Pigeon & Nora Velpula, Duet
- Cece Trower & Devin Williams, Duet
- Noah Best, Madison Fishburne & Cece Trower, Trio
- Emma Crenshaw, Amber Keller & Logan Rush, Trio
- Connor Swayne, Bhavani Tuppale & Madison Taylor, Trio
- Keyshawn Anderson, Owen Catron, Aiden Sheftman, Bobby Swick, Siddarath Thumsi, Ensemble
- Evelyn Contreras-Tovar, Rashi Jain, Khushi Jain & Rachel Jochin, Ensemble
- Myron Dobson, Caden Knapper, Jalen Leach, Jake Moses,Daija Randal & Emma Wooten, Ensemble
- Zachary Fowler, Evan O’Mara, Evan Rienecker, Joey Swick & Ryan Ward, Ensemble
- Madison Futch, Jordan Hurt, Kimberly Perez-Solano, Connor Swayne, Ensemble
- Jordan Hurt, Alex Kivett, Connor Swayne, Madison Taylor & Bhavani Tuppale, Ensemble
Our Leadership Academy at Wright (LAW) program raised $750 for Pawmetto Lifeline as students donated pennies for a good cause. Each penny counted as a pointed in a grade level competition. 6th grade finished in first place with 4,721 points followed by 7th grade with 16,859 points & 7th grade with 16,859 points. Way to go students!